First impression, yesterday, was more or less the one of a nightmare. I ended up installing ubuntu, removing it for OpenSUSE and reinstalling ubuntu in the end. The reason? Trying to find why my newly bought Samsung 225bw would never use its preferred resolution of 1680x1050 (note the weird 16:10 format). It took a lot of digging, but here is what I did in the end. I don't have time to post the links, but this was the result of a thorough Google digging after all the pieces of information I could find...
My PC is a tiny AOpen XC Cube. In the end, the problem was once again the driver jungle that seems to prevail on Linux (I am sure that this will stabilise soon and that a few days of experience will help). For a half-beginner like me, it turned out to be really irritating.
So to make things work, I installed the alternative X11 server from Intel. To make this work, I followed these instructions. Once I had answered all the X configuration questions, it all worked!
The positive side of this... All the rest worked out of the box, including my web cam.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment